Thursday 10 April 2014

London: a little travel guide - part 1
















Over the weekend I finally got the chance to visit London again. It had been too long! The occasion was a very good one: a holiday birthday-getaway (not for my birthday). Of course I'd like to share some of my favourite places with you – though this can by no means be a complete list. But I am planning to share my personal Google maps city guide, which includes my favourite shops, restaurants, bars, cafés and hotels, with you soon.
For now, let's start with the place we stayed in: ACE Hotel in Shoreditch, which only opened last year. It has its own very comfortable coffee shop, a beautiful little flower shop and it also houses Hoi Polloi, a restaurant that I can recommend for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snacks (above you can see the incredible chocolate stout cake with salted caramel and caramel crackers).
One of our first stops in the city centre was, unsurprisingly, Liberty, where I got – somewhat deliberately, to some extent accidentally – lost in the various fashion sections and found a souvenir to take home with me.
In my next post I'll share more places for breakfast, dinner, shopping and general fun-having.

No comments:

Post a Comment